When gastric ulcer attacks, whatever the cause is, your diet, whether you like it or not, should be changed temporarily.
When your stomach is twisting, resting your digestive system, especially your stomach, will improve your condition. Don't worry. It doesn't mean you have to stop eating and drinking altogether. But reduce your stomach's workload.
Therefore, when your stomach breaks down, choose liquid food, for example, porridge. After the stomach rage subsides, you may start switching to soft foods, like steamed rice, bread, or other types. But don't forget the main course, so your body still gets protein, and sufficient vitamins and minerals.
Besides changing the type of food, also note the following:
1. Every time you feel hungry, don't just ignore it because the empty stomach will increase gastric acid.
2. Eat small but frequent portions.
3. Try to eat nutritionally balanced foods that contain protein, carbohydrate, vitamins, and minerals.
4. Chew the food until soft to reduce the work of your digestive system.
5. Eating while chatting will result in lots of air being swallowed up. And it can make your stomach bloated.
6. It's recommended you stay away from fatty foods this time, also which produces gas, the sour one, and what rich in spices because it will increase stomach acid production.
7. If you usually drink milk, for a while, don't do it until your stomach is completely healed.
8. Avoid smoking, caffeinated drinks, alcohol, aspirin, and drugs that can interfere with your stomach.
9. Don't forget to take antacids as instructed by your doctor. There are types that must be taken before or after meals. There are also those that must be taken before going to bed.
If your stomach has been friendly again, this friendship needs to be maintained. The tricks are:
1. Keep eating in small portions but do it frequently because the large meal will aggravate the work of your stomach.
2. Chew the food until soft. And don't eat in a hurry.
3. All foods, in principle, can be taken as long as you keep in mind the balanced nutrition. If you often suffer from gastric disorders, it's recommended for you to multiply fiber-rich foods. You know, besides being able to maintain the quality of your stomach cells, fiber also slows down the rate of emptying of food, thereby reducing acid production. But do increase this fiber intake gradually.
4. Reduce fatty foods because they increase stomach acid production.
5. Look for certain types of food that make your stomach feel bad. If there is any, stay away from them.
6. Drinking habits at meals will dissolve digestive enzymes, so the food processing becomes imperfect. Therefore, try to drink only before and after eating. And the drinks shouldn't be carbonated and caffeinated ones.
7. Eat foods rich in vitamin A and zinc because they can help strengthen your stomach walls, so they aren't easily irritated.
The stomach is a vital part of your digestion. If it is acting up, you will really suffer. Hopefully, by considering the recommendations above, your stomach will cooperate again, and you can freely return to your daily activities.