Choose fresh, unfishy fish. It features clear eyes, red gills and tight meat. To reduce the smell, coat the fish with lime juice.
2 tbsp lime juice
3 cloves garlic, crushed, finely chopped
½ cm ginger, minced
100 g napa cabbages
2 green tomatoes
1 tbsp fried shallot
How to make:
1. Clean the fish. Slice its gills.
2. Sprinkle the fish with salt and lime juice. Cover the container. Let stand for 30 minutes in fridge.
3. Remove the fish from refrigerator. Cut into four parts.
4. Boil water in pan.
5. Saute garlic and ginger. Put them into boiling water.
6. Add napa cabbages. Cook briefly.
7. Add the fish, green tomatoes and bilimbis.
8. Put pepper, salt and nutmeg powder.
9. Serve immediately with a sprinkling of fried shallot.
For four servings.
Nutrition facts per serving:
Calorie: 83 kcal
Protein: 11 g
Fat: 3.2 g
Carbohydrate: 2.8 g
Cholesterol: 18.5 mg
Fiber: 0.8 g