2 cooking plantains
1 kg cassava, grated
100 g sugar
1 tsp salt
⅛ tsp vanilla
125 g coconut, lengthwise grated
Red dye, especially for food
Green dye, specifically for food
How to make:
1. Steam cooking plantains, peel and set aside.
2. Mix cassava, sugar, salt, vanilla and 75 grams of grated coconut. Stir well.
3. Divide the dough into two parts. Give one part a red dye and the rest a green.
4. Take a banana leaf. Place the red and the green doughs side by side. Flatten them.
5. Place the cooking plantains in the middle of the dough. Wrap them as making rice cake. Tie both ends with string.
6. Steam for 30 minutes. Remove the dough from banana leaves.
7. Cut into two centimeters. Sprinkle with remaining coconut that's been salted and steamed. Serve.
For 25 pieces.
Nutrition facts per piece:
Calorie: 91 kcal
Protein: 0.8 g
Fat: 0.9 g
Carbohydrate: 20.3 g
Fiber: 1.2 g
You may also like:
Vivie and David Glass' Delicious Desserts
Desserts in Jars
Boutique Wedding Cakes
The Rise and Fall of Desserts
Post a Comment